November 10, 2006

The proof is in the pudding... and on his website.

Today, it was brought to my attention by Aunt Dee (Stew's sister) that the path to the origin of the lovely message entered below does not lead back to one George Carlin. Therefore, I've edited the title of the entry to reflect such. I'm fairly certain Aunt Almita didn't intentionally deceive me (but then again, she could be a cat-lover and I just not know it...).
According to the snopes.com* website, which Aunt Dee is apparently fond of perusing (after work hours, of course), the piece is titled "The Paradox of Our Age" and was originally penned by a church pastor who will remain nameless on this blog. You see, the pastor was accused of very naughty things (think former U.S. Rep Foley, except worse). If you wish to learn more, then here's where to go: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/paradox.asp. Regardless of its origin, the posting shall remain because the intent of the message is just. For those of you not offended by Mr. Carlin's brand of humor or profane language, you can read his denial as to the authorship of this piece on his own website at http://www.georgecarlin.com/home/dontblame.html. If you are one of Claire's grandmothers, then I encourage you to stay away from the link... please.

* Snopes.com is an urban legends reference page

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP