January 29, 2007

Got milk?

Since Claire recently graduated from smaller 5oz milk bottles to the 8oz ones, Stew decided that he should do his part to help Linda maintain a healthy "natural" milk supply. As stated in a previous blog entry, Stew's brain has turned to mush ever since the arrival of Claire. So, naturally, I found Stew in Claire's nursery Saturday night where he was hooked up to Linda's breast pump thingamagig. I'm not sure if he was in pain or simply working very hard to produce milk when I shot this photo, but the strained look on his face implied the former. After a good 30 minutes of this nonsense, Stew finally gave up. Since he's lost his mind, I thought I could get away with a ridiculous suggestion. So, I proposed that he first shave his chest - and his pale, fat belly while he's at it - to prevent hairs from clogging the tubes OR entering the milk supply. Plus, he could likely get a better suction with a "tight" fit around the nipple. Unfortunately, he didn't buy into this theory or else I'd have some additional distrurbing photos to show you. Speaking of disturbing photos, can you tell that Stew's trying to suck in his gut on the first photo? Doing so produced some sort of weird 6-pack... except four beer cans of the 6-pack are missing leaving two grotesque mounds of flesh protruding from his abdomen. Stew also made me promise to crop the photos just above his belly button so as not to show his latest Buddha. Linda and I are fairly certain that if Stew doesn't change his eating habits (and start exercising), then Richard Simmons is going to show up at our house with a fleet of firemen and a large crane to lift Stew from the house via a hole in the roof. We just hope Richard brings one of his new steamers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SCJLlSf21Y). Anyway, Claire's waiting to be fed, and I've got morning feeding duties... gotta run. Happy Monday to you and yours.

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP