November 25, 2008

A Thankful Mutt

I guess I've been ripping on stupid people a little too much lately (i.e., Joe the Plumber and Sarah Palin). The other day, Stew says to me "Bogart, you can't build yourself up by breaking others down." He was simply repeating the phrase Momma says to him about every night after he screams profanities at the "idiot" contestants on Wheel of Fortune when the answer to the word puzzle is obvious. But, I suppose there's a bit of truth to what Momma says. I admit I've been a little holier-than-thou when it comes to ripping on people with whom I disagree, and 'tis the season to count your blessings rather than tossing folks under the bus.

That said, I want to share a couple commercials I found today on the YouTube. See if you can watch the entire clip without either falling off your chair in a laughter seizure OR screaming the words, "What the f____ was that!?!?!?!?!"




Wow, what a fine representation of a cross section of "Real America" - a bunch of unattractive, confused white people, and a black guy dressed up like a Puritan (or is he supposed to be an Amish person... or perhaps a Hutterite?). You tell me because I'm clueless. I've always thought black guys in Right Wing World were required to dress like pimps or gang members... or, more recently, as radical community organizers. And can you believe the announcer guy actually uses the word "articulate" to describe Sarah Palin? If Sarah Palin is articulate, then I guess that makes George W. Bush an oratory virtuoso. Anyway, today on Sean Hannity's Right Wing nutjob radio show (which I'm forced to listen to whenever Stew's in charge of the radio dial), Shamitty was reading some article about how Sarah Palin's popularity has grown beyond what anyone ever imagined. As if it's some sign of the times that people are ready for "real change" in the form of George W. Bush in high heels (notice I did not say lipstick on a pig). Apparently, what folks in Right Wing World fail to realize is that Palin's popularity is akin to the popularity of "Wolfboy" Prithviraj Patil of India. She's the freakshow of the 2008 political circus. Her popularity is like a political gawker slowdown on the John McCain Expressway... with people slowly driving by to take a look to see just how bad the accident that is Sarah Palin will turn out to be. Trust me - it's going to be bad, and Right Wingers will eventually start eating their own. It's going to be awesome to watch!

In the meantime, I'm thankful this holiday season that I do not live in Stew's Right Wing World - nor do a majority of my nearest and dearest friends - and I hold out hope for the rest of y'all! And I'm thankful the Right Wingers, despite their best efforts, have not completely ruined the country. Happy Thanksgiving!


P.S. My camera is currently charging, so I expect to FINALLY have more pictures of Claire after our trip to Grandma & Grandpa Thullner's farm in SoDak. Then again, Sarah Palin might open her mouth this holiday weekend, and I'll be forced to post yet another politically-charged blog entry. Until then, I leave you with a photo of Claire and Grandma Helen that was taken when we moved into our new doghouse last month.

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP