April 17, 2009

Step aside, Dark Helmet... here comes Claire!

Are there any fans of the awesome 1987 movie, Spaceballs, out there? It was written and directed by Mel Brooks, who is a favorite of the men of our doghouse. It's a spoof of Star Wars and the lead character could work at Momma's office. His name is Dark Helmet (the equivalent of Darth Vader), and he says in the movie, "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb." So anyway, Stew and Claire came home from the store yesterday with a new biking helmet for Claire. And ever since trying it on, Claire refuses to take the darn thing off. In fact, I'm surprised she didn't wear it to bed last night, but I suppose Momma had a say in that matter. I'm attaching a couple pics of Claire enjoying her new helmet (and $1 sunglasses)...

I'm a little teapot, short and stout;
Here is my handle... here is my spout!


When I get all steamed up, hear me shout;
Then tip me over and pour me out!

Watching Curious George this morning. The look on my face should be enough for you to figure out how happy I am that Stew also bought Claire a butterfly net... and she apparently thinks my head is a butterfly that needs to be captured every 2 minutes...

And finally... her future's so bright, Claire's gotta wear shades!

1 comments:

Anonymous 8:49 AM  

Mel Brooks is the best!! Where is your helmet, Bogie?

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP