July 01, 2009

Where in the World is Bogart?

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated, as have the ridiculous theories as to my whereabouts the past couple weeks. First off, let me be clear. I did not disappear to hike the Appalachian Trail on Naked Hiking Day (or any other day for that matter). Besides, whenever I want to go hiking while naked, I simply walk down the block and jump on the Bavaria Hills Bike Path. The only accessory I ever wear is a harness that only sometimes has the leash attached... and possibly Claire's sunglasses should she decide I need some protection from the bright sunlight. Moving on...

Nor did I disappear to South America to spend four days "breaking up" with my Argentinian mistress. On the contrary, I have never been farther south than my hometown of New Orleans. Although I'll admit I've had my eye on Skye, the Dogo Argentino (Argentinian Mastiff) who lives down the block, ever since she first attracted my attention with a bark that has a flavor quite unlike any other bark I've known. With a rhythm all its own, it's a bark of connection, depth, passion and sensuality that simultaneously slows my breathing while quickening the pace of my heartbeat. It's ironically both showy, yet very intimate, and it's my hope Skye and I will soon be entwined in our own version of the Argentine Tango in due time. But this is a family blog, so I won't elaborate... although I'm not above posting pictures, so stay tuned!

The truth is we've been very busy around here. First off, I again sold my soul in order to earn some kibble. Some might recall a while back that I told you I will, from time to time, blog about some nonsensical things for the sole purpose of earning a few bucks. Case in point, the anti-shedding website (Dinovite), which was supposed to have earned me $15. However, had I read the fine print of my blogger contract, I would have noticed that I will not be paid if there are more than five days between my blog postings. So, since I tend to go days or weeks between postings, I screwed myself out of the $15 windfall that was going to buy me several boxes of Milkbones. But I won't let that stop me, and you will likely soon find more postings on here that make no sense at all. Hey, a dog's gotta eat (especially one who has an owner who tends to forget to feed me)!

Additionally, Stew survived his 41st birthday this past week and celebrated by single-handedly providing his own version of an economic stimulus package to Century Wine & Spirits in Chanhassen while preparing for his annual birthday festivus (and he still managed to run out of beer the night of the party... which tells you a little something about the people we hang out with). Stew also recently landed a part-time job as (what he likes to call) an Internet Consultant to Google. The truth is he is no consultant, nor does he work directly for Google, and it's not nearly as cool a job as it might sound. Basically, the job involves helping improve search engine optimization (SEO for you geek-types). For example, if you type the query "douchebag" into Google, the result is a list of 1.67 million web pages. Stew's job is to ensure THIS site ranks higher than, say, THIS ONE or THIS ONE. Go ahead and click the links... I dare ya!

Finally, I told you a while ago that I was sequestered to
our mudroom while Claire and Stew spent a couple days going on picnics and visiting area parks and lakes so a painting crew could paint the main level of our house without the disturbance of an inquisitive toddler and an anxious dog. Following are some pictures from their time on the town for your viewing pleasure.

Day 1: Claire with her new golf clubs that Momma brought back from Fargo...

Due to rainy weather, Stew and Claire dine on hamburgers in the parking lot of a local golf course in between driving around all day...
Day 2: Claire at some park in Minneapolis that Stew stumbled upon while trying to find Lake Harriet.

Finally, after having to make a phone call to Momma, Stew locates Lake Harriet... where he and Claire take a stroller ride around the lake. Luckily, Stew managed to make it all the way around the lake without suffering a (major) stroke. Imagine that...
On their return home, Claire and Stew stop at a Chaska park to hit a few golf balls... where Claire adopts her Uncle Kermit's golf stroke, which consists of sticking your tongue out, swinging as hard as you can and hoping you hit the ball. Fore!

4 comments:

Mike Rios 7:56 PM  

All she has to do is shot par and her college will be paid for!!!!

Anonymous 4:32 AM  

Good day !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ovahybuhad.exactpages.com/pexywizi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous 4:52 PM  

Good day !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ufyhicok.greatnow.com/unekywi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous 7:41 AM  

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I started take up real money.
It's all about how to select a proper partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP