August 26, 2009

It's time for some timely elegance

Momma's been working really hard lately, which is why we're so glad she decided to take a week off of work for some personal time. On Monday, after getting up early to clean the kitchen (isn't that Stew's job?) before taking me out for a walk, she spent the afternoon at a spa. Yesterday she did some more cleaning while Stew was nowhere to be found.But today she plans to spend the day lounging by the pool with Claire (Claire's toddler pool, that is). But I want to do something special for Momma, and she's always talked about getting herself a watch. Being a farm girl, she currently tells time based on the position of the sun in the sky, but that's sort of difficult to do when you're stuck inside the belly of a behemoth health insurance company all day. So, I plan to get Momma a watch from www.bluedial.com. More specifically, I'm getting her a Citizen eco drive ladies watch. Along with a gazillion different features, this particular watch charges in sunlight OR indoors - perfect for Momma. And since Stew will most likely complain if I don't get him a gift, I'm giving him a Citizen brand watch that can tell you the time in 42 different cities around the world. This will come in handy whenever Stew starts retelling one of his old high school basketball stories that are incredibly brutal to sit through. Now, whenever he starts in on one of his stories, we can ask, "Stew, do you know what time it is in Nairobi?" And this should keep him preoccupied long enough to forget he was about to bore us with one of his "glory days" stories. Plus, since Nairobi isn't one of the 42 cities programmed into the watch, it means hours upon hours of peace and quiet for us while Stew fiddles with the watch.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone can think of a reason to buy a new watch, so I encourage you to take some time and check out what www.bluedial.com has to offer. Now it's time for me to fly. Happy shopping!

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP