March 12, 2010

Mon momma est allé à Paris, et tout que j'ai obtenu était ce t-shirt stupide!

Thanks to my lovely sister bringing it to my attention, I've now discovered the wonder that is the text translation site, Babel Fish. I've been on there around the clock translating pithy sayings from English to French. In fact, I haven't slept for a day and a half. Thanks, Sis! That said, feel free to copy the title of this post into the site to see what it says (if you haven't already figured it out). Unfortunately, Babel Fish does not yet translate wife-speak into any sort of language decipherable by a married man. Therefore, I still don't know what Linda means when she steps out of our master bathroom and says, "Our bathroom is gross!"  Apparently men and women have differing views on what "gross" means when it comes to the bathroom (aka "the man's sanctuary").

Anyway, Linda arrived home from Gay Paree last night after having her Atlanta to Minneapolis flight delayed twice (I assume some old farts from Fort Lauderdale kept the flight from arriving in Atlanta to bring Claire's Momma home on time). So we all sat around last night at 9:30PM opening gifts from Linda.  I received about a half suitcase of various chocolates, while Claire got a Paris tea set and a bunch of other stuff, including a t-shirt. In return, Linda got to look at the four empty boxes of Girl Scout cookies that arrived Monday. Well, at least they were full when they arrived. Maison bienvenue, Momma! Nous vous avons manque!

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP