April 09, 2010

Pardon me... would you have any Grey Poupon?

As the duffers out there know, The Masters golf tournament is currently underway at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA. In honor of this prestigious event, Claire ran around the house yesterday dressed up as a rich, snobby, white woman - the "southern" kind who wear funny hats as opposed to the northeastern elitist Democrat kind who vote for (supposed) liberal presidents with funny names (of course, I'm talking about Dukakis). But what Claire doesn't know is Augusta National is a male-only golf club, and I don't plan to tell her because I enjoy watching her run around the house pretending to be golfing at The Masters while swinging her plastic golf club at anything that's not nailed down (yes, Bogey has gone into hiding). This morning, after watching tournament highlights on ESPN and seeing several tee shots fly high up into the air, Claire declared, "I can't make the ball go up!"  So we'll be working on increasing both the loft and trajectory of her golf shots as soon as the temperatures warm a bit outside. 
In the meantime, we're going to continue watching live coverage of The Masters tournament. But Claire was bummed to learn her favorite golfer, Tiger Woods Bubba Watson, is not in the playing field. Therefore, she's choosing to cheer for a 17 year old amateur golfer from South Korea because she likes saying his name, Chang-Won Han. Claire knew the Butler Bulldogs would do well in the NCAA basketball tournament, so she's obviously CLAIRvoyant. Right? C'mon! Okay, maybe not... seeing how Chang-Won is nearly in last place going into Day #2 of the tourney, but that's not going to stop her from saying his name over and over and over again. Oh, one more thing... while watching ESPN, Claire saw Tiger Woods talking at a press conference and she turned to me and said, "Heyyyyy... Tiger Woods can talk!" To which I replied, "That's not all he can do." I think I'll leave it at that.

1 comments:

Anonymous 9:14 AM  

Claire can take me golfing some day. Do I have to let her win? :)
Aunt Karen

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP