May 05, 2010

Here's to good friends...

Every time I see an act of kindness between two friends, I can't help but think of a cheesy Lowenbrau beer commercial. Take, for instance, this 1980's print ad showing this ambiguously gay duo celebrating after just defeating Biff and Todd for the tennis club championship... which makes me think back to my old high school days and winning the state high school boys doubles tennis championship with my pal, Jimmy... until I remember neither of us were actually gay - ambiguously or otherwise - nor did either of us even play tennis; however, we did consume copious amounts of Old Milwaukee Light beer...  the thought of which makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little... until my ninja powers of mind control begin to channel these negative memories into positive thoughts to the point where I actually start to work up a mighty thirst for an ice-cold Kokanee (a Canadian lager and my current favorite beer... for at least the next month or so). So here I am. Sitting at the computer - jonesing for a Kokanee - because Claire's preschool pal gave Claire some artwork to take home today. It was such a touching gesture of friendship. Claire's favorite classmate, Addison, created a mosaic fish art piece out of stickers and presented it to Claire this morning. Addison is just over four years old and - according to Claire - is "in my heart". Now, doesn't hearing that make you think of a cheesy Lowenbrau commercial, too? Well if not, then perhaps you just don't have a heart, and I feel sorry for you. So with my interest piqued, I asked Claire "Who else is in your heart?" And that's when I learned that in addition to Addison, Claire's heart is also occupied by "Momma, Papa, Bogey... and Nick". That's right - she said Nick. It's true. Claire's still got a crush on this soon-to-be four year old, pint-sized Casanova and future heart-breaker. She's only known him three months, but she's head over heels. So I'm keeping an eye on him.

In the meantime, I'm going to rummage through the back of the refrigerator in the hopes of finding a rogue Kokanee that managed to hide itself behind a forgotten jar of Grandma Thullner's homemade pickles while you enjoy these pics of Claire proudly displaying her mosaic fish AND the flower Miss Maria painted on her face today at preschool.

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP