May 27, 2010

There's an app for that?

My Blackberry arrived yesterday, so I've been spending most of today trying to figure out how to best utilize this strange, new technology. It reminds me of when we brought Claire home from the hospital. We weren't sure what to do with her, but we knew we needed her in our lives in order to get people to stop asking, "When are you gonna have a baby?" So now people can stop asking me when I'm gonna get a "real" phone. I've done it, and I must say it's a life-changing experience. Over the years, I've grown quite accustomed to just having a phone that only makes phone calls, occasionally falls out of my pocket onto the pavement, and almost always goes missing (along with my car keys) every morning when I'm trying to get Claire to preschool on time. Now I'm learning about applications - what the kids call apps. I've downloaded an app that allows me to access all my email accounts (I have a personal email account, and Bogey has one that I check for him). I downloaded a Facebook app that allows me to... well, I'm not actually sure what it's for, I just know it's on my phone now. I downloaded some new ring tones this morning (but I'm still looking for the theme song from Sanford & Son). But there's at least one app I'm certain I will avoid like the plague - the one for Twitter. I don't get the whole Twitter phenomenon. I don't like Twitter. I tend not to like people who Tweet.  And I'm certain I'll never use Twitter. Call me old fashioned, but I firmly believe it's entirely permissible to have an unexpressed thought... even if the fireweed's near full bloom.

Anyway, while I was toiling with my new phone, I put Claire to work designing a new crown for herself using some scrap paper I found in the closet. She got a bit worn out with the project and asked me to make her a blueberry smoothie. We were out of blueberries and low on milk, so we headed to the grocery store for supplies. While in the dairy section, Claire decided to release one of her silent-but-deadly farts that she refers to as a toot. It sounds innocent enough, but trust me - toot is not the word I'd use to describe the abhorrent odor. The word roadkill comes to mind. Anyway, there was a lot of traffic heading our way, and it was too late to simply bolt.  I was desperate to cover up the lingering stench, and that's when it hit me. I have a smartphone now! I quickly searched through the Blackberry App World using the key word "fart", and what do you know? There's an app for that (and it only cost 99 cents)!

And here she is - Queen of the Blueberry Smoothie!


2 comments:

Anonymous 10:06 PM  

I love Twitter. Seriously. You should try it... not tweeting, so much, but reading other people's tweets. I actually like the Twitter app more than the FB app... and that's saying something!

Bogart 8:54 PM  

Yea, it's saying you're crazier than I thought you were. And THAT'S saying something!

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP