May 17, 2010

Wastin' away again in Margaritaville...

It was another weekend spent in Margaritaville... well, more like one Saturday night (but we certainly made it count). Friday night was reserved for beer, wine and Arnie Palmers - not to mention a huge box of mini-tacos from Costco (eight people consumed 18 servings of the tacos, but we think the stated serving size on the box is an unrealistic recommendation that should be both ridiculed and ignored). The only thing missing from our weekend was Jimmy Buffett music, although a variety of 1970's and 1980's tunes could be heard streaming from my iTunes collection on my computer late into the wee hours of the morning. Basically, it was pretty much like any other gathering of our Fargo and Minneapolis group of misfits: A few of us drank too much. We ALL ate too much. We laughed a lot. We played cards. And we debated matters of grave importance, such as what's the name of the perfume one would wear if one were to bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan and never let you forget you're a man? Kermit was adamant it was Jean Nate`, as was evidenced by his singing the bring home the bacon jingle over and over and over again using Jean Nate`. But Michelle was certain Enjoli is the 8-hour perfume of choice for the 24-hour woman. And after hours minutes of debate, we finally decided to let the internets solve the mystery. Unfortunately, nobody had any clue as to how to spell either Enjoli or Jean Nate`, so it took some doing to finally determine who won this debate:


And in case you're wondering - as all of us were at 2AM - Jean Nate` is an after-bath splash you'd wear if you were planning a come from behind victory in a horse race.


All in all, it was a fantastic weekend. But I found evidence Sunday morning that we just might be getting too old for trips to Margaritaville... but something tells me we're not gonna stop anytime soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous 5:56 PM  

I loved Jean Nate. I used it on special high school days. Those were the ones where I got up early enough to dry my hair before jumping in the Nova. Dee

Anonymous 9:20 AM  

I can't believe you don't have any Buffett music. Claire loves it.
Aunt Karen

Bogart 10:55 AM  

Actually, I have quite a bit Parrothead music, but Claire wasn't invited to Margaritaville with us "grown ups". Plus, our little crowd is more into drinking to Neil Sedaka and Eddie Rabbitt tunes. It sounds weird when I actually say (or type) it out loud.

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP