July 08, 2010

The Journey Continues...

Claire and her merry band of classmates continued their Crafts of the World Tour today, stopping by Latin America and some other place where "prayer dolls" are made by children to keep them safe at night. Claire either doesn't remember or won't tell me the name of the particular country or region where prayer dolls are traditional, but I'm guessing it's a pretty scary place if they need to make a doll to keep them safe at night. I'm thinking Alaska... who knows? I'm just hoping it's not actually a Haitian voodoo doll constructed in my likeness. Claire's doll does have blond hair, is wearing a (man)dress, and has three eyes - I'm over 40 years old and still wake up some days with a zit square in the middle of my forehead. Anyway, I'll be extra nice to Claire for the next few days... until I can figure out a way to dispose of the doll permanently. Then again, maybe it's harmless? I mean, I've had my own Sarah Palin voodoo doll that I've been sticking pins into for the last year, but it hasn't done much to keep her from spewing - or tweeting - nonsensical ignorant statements (also apparently known as common sense conservative values).
Claire also brought home a single maraca - also known as a rumba shaker. It's a native instrument of Puerto Rico, Cuba, Venezuela, Guatemala and several nations of the Caribbean and Latin America. I'm not sure which exact country Claire had in mind when she constructed her maraca. All I know is it's a much more pleasant sounding (see also: quieter) instrument than her Aboriginal didgeridoo (which I've come dangerously close to stepping on about a dozen times in the last 24 hours)!

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP