June 24, 2010

Laziness as a virtue

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a sucker for a good bible study - especially when discussing the useful proverbs found, ironically, within the Book of Proverbs. For example, here's my favorite taken from Proverbs 20:4 -

The sluggard will not plow by reason of the winter;
Therefore, he shall beg in harvest and have nothing. 

For those not raised in a Southern Baptist home, I'll translate this into Stew speak. It means the lazy  - me, myself and I - can always find excuses to procrastinate. It's what we're good at. Exceptionally good, I might add. We look for the ideal and most convenient time to begin a task (such as blogging), but sometimes those times may never come. Take today for instance. I just can't find the ideal time to blog, so I'm going to end up posting a video at the end of this post that maybe half my audience will find mildly amusing. As for you other two faithful blog readers, tough cookies!

Something else I've learned though my years and years of bible study is that us lazy people are generally cowards. We procrastinate because of our fears. Here's my favorite internal message to myself, "Why bother writing a book by the age of 40 because nobody will like it anyway." Incidentally, I've yet to write a single paragraph for any book, and I'll be turning 42 yrs old tomorrow - so get those cards filled with cash in the mail NOW! 

But cowardice itself should be feared because, as I understand things, cowards are the first on the list to be thrown into the Lake of Fire (which I do not believe is one of Minnesota's 10,000 lakes):

But for the cowardly, unbelieving, sinners, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their part is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death. Revelation 21:8

So my friends who are atheist, gay, or REALLY into Harry Potter can rest assured knowing I - along with all the other cowards in the world - will be testing out the lake water ahead of you... but come on in the water's fine (albeit a tad on the warm side).

Wow. Where did all that stuff come from? And here I wasn't gonna write much and instead just post the following video I received in my daily All-Pro Dad email:  Six Things NOT to Do for Your Marriage

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP