October 15, 2006

Off limits

Apparently, I am no longer welcome inside this room. I'm confused. Have I done something wrong? I have never relieved myself inside this room, so why am I being punished now? In fact, I have fond memories of laying on the bed that was once in this room with momma by my side, gently scratching my belly. So, what gives? As near as I can tell, Linda and Stew are preparing this room for a visitor. Linda's cool friends, Dee and Julie, came over a few weekends back to paint the room. They were back again a couple weekends ago to put stuff on the windows and walls. Julie left early, though. She appeared to be under the weather... complaining about something called "Oktoberfest". Anyway, these are all the pictures of the inside of what is being called the nursery. Oops - scratch that last comment. As if it's not difficult enough for me to type this blog without the use of opposable thumbs, it appears I'm unable to upload all the nursery pictures to this posting. Therefore, I'll try using multiple postings... Anyway, the room seems to have a barnyard animal theme, a tribute if you will to Linda's heritage as a farm girl. Stew didn't seem to help much with renovations. In fact, Dee seemed to do most of the difficult work. I like Dee. She treats me nice and lets me play with her dog, Remmy. And Julie is hilarious, but I'm still cautious of her and her beagle, Lily. I think they could be trouble, but I'll withold judgement until my investigation is completed. Anyway, Stew was in here the other night putting shelves on the wall. He cursed a lot, so I'm guessing things didn't go well. Regardless, the stuffed animals now have a place to sit. Other than the shelving, Stew's only other contribution was installing the lightswitch cover that he proudly brought home one day. Otherwise, he's still spending most of his time in the basement. When he's not curled up on the floor in the fetal position I mentioned in a previous posting (see "Skilled carpenter needed"), I usually hear him ranting. Oh, and ask me about the gas leak he discovered the other day...

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP