January 19, 2007

Book 'em, Danno!

We recently struck gold at The Stewart house. It turns out that episodes of Hawaii 5-0 air everyday at 1pm on local Channel 15! Stew and I could not be happier. Claire, on the other hand, seems to be disinterested since 1pm is smack dab in the middle of her post-lunch nap. Oh well... her loss. So, we now get to watch Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett, head of an elite state police unit investigating organized crime, murder, assassination attempts, foreign agents, and felonies of every type. And where else on television can you see Kam Fong as Chin Ho? This guy is brilliant, and you might be surprised to learn that he never won an Emmy or even a Golden Globe. Not once! The series was also famous for the stellar guest actors who appeared in episodes, including Ricardo Montalban (prior to his role as Mr. Rourke on Fantasy Island) and Leslie Nielsen (in a serious role... weird). McGarrett's nemesis, the evil Wo Fat — a Red Chinese agent in charge of the entire Pacific Asiatic Theatre — looks a lot like our Asian mail carrier, so I can really relate to the McGarrett character. Anytime Wo Fat appears on screen, I instinctively begin to growl. It drives Stew nuts, but what can I do? So, if we are to enjoy yet another episode of 5-0 today, then I'll need to sign off and get crackin' on some chores. We've decided today would be a good day to dust the entire house. Best estimates puts its last dusting at February 23, 1985. Yikes...

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP