January 22, 2007

Dog for hire... will work for biscuits

I recently read with disgust an article reporting that Paris Hilton is (allegedly) being paid $1M by Viennese socialite, Richard Lunger, to be his guest at the 2007 Vienna Opera Ball http://news.sawf.org/Entertainment/32291.aspx.
Apparently, the 74 year old Lunger traditionally invites a celebrity as his guest in order to help publicize the prestigious event. Past guests have included Faye Dunaway, Sophia Loren, and last year's Carmen Electra. Apparently, the guest pool has dwindled down considerably since Faye Dunaway's attendance. Nicole Richie can start shining her pumps for 2008 because she's the only thing lower than Paris Hilton on the Repulsive Pig Meter. Isn't paying Paris Hilton $1M to publicize an event like this a bit like hiring a circus freak to give potential home buyers a tour of your home during an open house? What kind of publicity can this disgusting human being bring to an event that's already the highlight of Vienna's social calendar? Then again, a dog living in Robbinsdale, MN, is blogging about it. So, touche` Mr. Lunger... somebody pass me the crow.
In other working class dog news, has anyone seen the Firedog commercial staring a dog named Ralph? This handsome fella has a striking resemblance to me, and I'm wondering if he could be a long-lost New Orleans relative. Check it out for yourself at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEqVli1d-po. I'm thinking I could be a big star someday if Stew ever gets off his lazy arse and starts writing about and/or shooting videos of me. I could act circles around that Ralph guy! Heck, strap a cape to my back, and I could star in a remake of the classic cartoon UnderDog. I'm very versatile and can play the superhero or the humble and lovable shoeshine boy (his identity when incognito). I've got a lock on lovable, but I'll need to work a bit on the humble part. I already know my lines: "Not bird, not plane, not even frog. It's just little old me, Underdog!" Hollyweird, here I come.

1 comments:

Anonymous 9:52 PM  

You write very well.

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP