March 16, 2007

Upset about the upset... and lack of upsets.

Well, I'm a bit angry about 6th-seeded Duke's loss to the 11th-seeded Virginia Commonwealth University last night. There are typically a couple upsets in the NCAA tourney, but this isn't one I selected. However, we expect some #7 seeds to fall today (UNLV and/or Nevada). Virginia better watch out for Albany, as well (NOT!)... and the Irish of Notre Dame could have their hands full... So, are you bored to tears with this blog entry yet? Then allow me to switch gears while you take a gander at the cutest picture ever!

Recently, Stew procured MORE stuff for Claire via online shopping. Here she is in her brand new exersaucer (it's about a month early for her, but we're confident she'll grow into it). Claire seems to enjoy looking at me and laughing more than anything else (except when she needs to poop, when her favorite thing is jumping in her Jumperoo... thereby ruining her clothes in the process). Stew thinks Claire is trying to tell me a story in this photo, but I'm pretty sure she's mocking me for not picking the Duke upset. Anyway, here's another artistic photo of Claire in her crib this morning after slamming down a bottle of milk...

As is the tradition when I don't have much time to blog because I have chores to do before basketball games resume on CBS, home of March Madness (the happiest time of the year in our household), I'll leave you with a couple videos to enjoy...

In case you didn't get your Dwight Schrute fix this week, here's one from Aunt Dee from Florida:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm3xlJ0yQOE

Here's one about role playing from Uncle Frannie (rated "E" for Everyone, except Grandmas):
http://www.glumbert.com/media/roleplay

In honor of St. Patrick's Day weekend, I'll leave you with an Irish wish from Stew's Aunt Almita:

May there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a coin or two;
May the sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain;
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

And I might as well include the following Irish prayer:

May those who love us, love us;
And those that don't love us, may God turn their hearts;
And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles...
So we'll know them by their limping.

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP