April 05, 2007

Separated at birth

If you think I'm going to post a picture of Claire next to an angel based on the title of this post, then you are wrong. Of course, Claire is the most beautiful little baby girl in the world, so it's not hard to believe that she is part angel. However, I've come across evidence of some possible genetic connections that need to be exposed. First off, there is Phil Specter (insane music producer currently on trial for a 2003 murder) and The Great Gazoo (a tiny, green, floating alien discovered by Fred Flinstone and Barney Rubble). I don't know much about this Phil Specter guy other than he produced a bunch of famous 1960's era songs, but it would appear that he's in dire need of a stylist. Then again, I think he once said that he "has bipolar disorder and is relatively insane." Relatively speaking, he has the insane look down pat, so he'll probably get off the murder charge.

Now, the next two separated at birth photos are more difficult to figure out since neither person has green skin. To the contrary, both have uber-pale skin, crooked noses and bad teeth. One is a renowned musical genius, while the other is a (former) award-winning seller of high-quality furniture at a modest price. So, can you tell which one is Billy Bragg and which is Stew? I'm thinking only a mother could tell the two apart... except I just now noticed that one of the photos is stamped with Fully English: Billy Bragg. Then again, this could simply be a trick on my part designed to fool you (since I now know how gullible you all are thanks to my April Fool's Day hoax). And if there's anyone out there who doesn't yet appreciate the musical talents of Billy Bragg, then checkout one of my favorite albums -- Mermaid Avenue: Billy Bragg & Wilco (Volume 1)... buy it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Mermaid-Avenue-Billy-Bragg-Wilco/dp/B000007NC0.

In an unrelated item, here's a picture of Claire trying to get out of her baby papasan. More pictures to come next week...

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP