September 21, 2007

Who's your daddy... Part "Who cares?"

Some of you might recall that several weeks ago Momma and Stew sent away for DNA tests to determine my breed (or, at the least, to find out what breeds make up my mix). I presented you with a list of 38 possible breeds from which to choose... that is, if you wanted to submit a guess as to my heritage. We already knew that I'm a Creole from New Orleans, but we were interested to learn if DNA tests could tell us what exact breed(s) make up my mix. Momma guessed I'm part Saint Bernard, while Stew thought I must have some German Shepherd in my blood. The rest of you didn't really seem to care since only Aunt Karen and Aunt Dee (Florida) submitted guesses (Thank you, ladies). You know, it's really heart-warming to see how many of you really give a squirrel's ass about my heritage. Seriously. Your disinterest means the world to me.

So, as my way of showing you how much your indifference truly means, here's a little video Claire helped me create to present you with the results. Enjoy... suckers!

4 comments:

Anonymous 7:53 AM  

Bogart,
You are so lucky to have that cute little Claire at your house. The kids at my house just run around and bring their rowdy friends over. I was disappointed because there was actually no news... As a plain old boring American Shorthair, I'm envious that there are so many different varities of dog breeds.
Lexie

Bogart 9:08 AM  

Lexie,
Yes, I feel extremely lucky having little Claire here. Especially since she's so accomodating whenever I want to shoot some video footage. Regarding the lack of any news on the DNA results, the video is my way of showing the same level of disinterest in revealing the results that my "faithful" bloggees showed when given the opportunity to guess my breed mix. I considered a Sopranos' ending to the video (a Journey song playing then go to black just before showing what's written on the document). But I didn't want anyone to wonder if I got whacked. Truth be told -- I will live on forever because I have good genes... but you folks will never know from which dog breed(s) I got them! [insert sinister laugh here]

Bogart

Anonymous 9:37 AM  

Bogart,

I think you should be proud of your Creole heritage. It makes you unique.
Aunt Karen

Anonymous 3:00 PM  

Very clever video, Bogey. You should consider a career in Hollywood. BTW: while we may have never submitted our answers via the blog, Dee and Julie were constantly chattering about your lineage with your mom ... Julie buys into the st. bernard, lab, and something with a fluffy tail camp. Personally, I just think you are all man. Well, neutered man. But you get the point.

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP