June 05, 2008

All aboard The FranDog Express!

Way back in June 1968, two women shared a hospital room in the maternity ward of St. Mary's Hospital in Pierre, SoDak (home to Uncle Matt's Zesto). This was back in the days when soon-to-be fathers would drop their pregnant wives at the door of the nearest hospital and tell the nurse to, "Call me when she pops... I have to get back to my office." Anyway, one woman was about to give birth to her very first child, while the second lady was working on her fourth kid. The latter mom (Stew's mom and my Grandma Judy) was quite relaxed and anticipated no problems with the pending birth of her baby, but the soon-to-be first-time mom was quite frantic, saying things like, "What if my baby is ugly? What if it's stupid? What if it has a deformed nose? What if all of these things happen? Oh, the agony!" But my Grandma Judy -- who already had three, beautiful, gifted children -- told the new mom-to-be to "Just relax... I'm sure everything will be fine." Boy was Grandma Judy wrong!

On June 25th, both Jeff "Franny" Fransen and Brett "StewDog" Stewart entered the world just a few hours apart. The two lads would eventually become good friends to form the super-duo of FranDog. They aged rather quickly and in 1970 joined forces with Jimi Hendrix to briefly form The Fran-Dog Experience. After Jimi tragically passed away a year later, Franny and Stew returned to being FranDog and have remained together for nearly 40 years. To this day, the only disagreement they have is over who has the bigger nose -- Franny's is thick and wide, while Stew's is long and crooked. One thing they can agree on is that they are both somewhat peculiar looking, but what can they do?

Anyway, together with my Uncle Jimmy, the two fellas are promoting an extraordinary event to occur later this month to mark the 40th anniversary of FranDog. So, stay tuned for more details in the coming days. In the meantime, climb aboard The FranDog Express and enjoy the ride...

2 comments:

Anonymous 7:00 PM  

The short bus is VERY appropriate.

Anonymous 10:33 AM  

The only true cure for being assigned the short bus is to listen to the music or Amos Garrett.

That's right. You heard me.

Now go give your 'master' a chew toy.

Bwahahahahahaha. Master. That's right you have a master, slave boy.

Dogs. Phahhhh. Cat's rule. Dog's drool.

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP