July 02, 2008

Blog Poll Results: FranDog 40 Fiasco doesn't suck!

The results are in, folks... and as unbelievable as it might sound, The FranDog 40 Fiasco didn't suck. In fact, it was quite a success. I'll give you a minute to pull yourself up off the floor and back into your chair. I know this is difficult news to grasp. Are you ready? Okay.

It's true, and it seems as though most people who attended either the picnic and/or the party at the bar had a good time... especially the guy in this photo, who shall remain nameless 'cause nobody knows who he is. He just wandered into the picnic site, sat down and started drinking. And despite my cynicism, nobody ended up in the emergency room... nobody got thrown into the drunk tank... and nobody got naked in public (unless you count Stew baring his succulent buttocks for a photo opportunity at the bar). But don't worry... I don't have said photo, and I have not requested it from the photographer. Momma had great concerns that Stew would make a fool of himself at the picnic, but it seems he waited until he got to the bar to make an ass of himself (by showing his ass). Stew's birthday motto has always been: You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning! Luckily for all of us, he paced himself rather nicely during the day. Plus, the weather during the picnic was so nice that Stew and Momma decided to go swimming. Here's a photo of Momma in her bikini rubbing Stew's bulging (and old) belly. I know what you're thinking, and I have NO idea how Stew managed to convince Momma to marry him. I guess some things are beyond comprehension...

Everyone who showed up at the bar got to see and hear a phenomenal performance by Bus Nine (click the link to visit the band's MySpace page and buy some of their music)! Here's a photo of Bus Nine when they opened for the classic rock band, Kansas (don't quote me, but I think this photo was shot at a past Moondance Jam held in Walker, MN). Miraculously, both Uncle Franny and Stew made it until the bar closed at 2AM... although Stew was under the impression that Minneapolis bars close at 1AM, so he slowed his four-beer-per-hour intake down to just a single Mich Golden Draft Light after the clock struck 1AM.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your interest), Stew didn't take any photos at either event (except for one picture of some Aberdeen, SD, natives sitting at a picnic table during the picnic... these folks would not sign a waiver to have said photo published on the Internet). But, we have some cute pictures of Claire enjoying her time with Grandma Helen, who was the official babysitter (and dog-sitter) for the weekend. She did an outstanding job, and we are forever grateful for her assistance!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go lie down by the front storm door and await the postal carrier's arrival... at which time I will bark at him relentlessly until Stew comes to yell at me. I leave you with some awesome cuteness below!

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP