July 14, 2008

Unreliable sources

Well, I've finally done it. It was totally unintentional, but that still doesn't make it right. In fact, I'm incredibly embarrassed by my faux pas (emphasis on the "paw" sounding word). No, I am NOT referring to my refusal to post a picture of Stew's callipygian assets (emphasis on "ASSets") after he chose to bare his buttocks to the world... and by "the world", I mean the dozen people (formerly known as "Stew's friends") seated at the table facing Stew's posterior when he chose to moon the camera. Fear not, for my intention remains to never show the resulting photo on this blog or anywhere else for that matter. No, the mistake I'm referring to was using Stew as my single source of information when writing about the gifts he received the day of The FranDog 40 Fiasco. My failure to cross-check Stew's "facts" with another source (i.e., Momma) was clearly irresponsible journalism. It's exactly like Fox News using the daily fax the network receives from the White House press room as its (the network's) sole source of information. I have now become the Brit Hume of doggy bloggers, and I am disgusted.

Unfortunately, Lily the Beagle has already posted a correction to my error before I could write this blog entry. Thank you, darlin'! Last week was my summer break, so I took some time off from
blogging about the things that matter most to you -- me... oh, and Claire. But now that I've returned, I need to point out that in my last post I mistakenly informed you that Aunt Dee (Rosemount) presented Stew with a wallet that has a picture of two kitties on its cover (and a $40 Starbucks gift card inside). However, it's come to my attention that said wallet and gift card came from my Aunt Susan and Uncle Kermit - two of the most wonderful human folk in the whole world (see photo at left: Susan is the gorgeous blonde... and Kermit is, well, he's NOT the gorgeous blonde... he's actually the guy standing next to her with a cat-that-ate-the-canary grin on his face). Uncle Kermit often has said grin on his face because he's usually up to no good. In fact, rumor has it that he's responsible for some mischievous activities (that I am not allowed to discuss) the night of The FranDog 40 Fiasco. Just be careful when Uncle Kermit is around, or you just might end up... well, again, I'm not allowed to say. Use your imagination.

Well, it's almost time for Stew to Swifter the floors... which means it's time for me to head to the basement and hide until the coast is clear (i.e., the Swifter sweeper thing is back in the closet where it cannot attack me). In the meantime, I leave you with a couple more
photos from The FranDog 40 Fiasco weekend (compliments of Uncle Franny and his camera)...

A few victims who witnessed Stew's full moon the night of June 28th...

Claire and her Uncle Franny (Claire seems to have a "holy crap, look at the size of those nostrils" look on her face)...
Claire and her Uncle Jimmy (also known as Claire's favorite place to sit)...
Stew showing what he majored in at college: beer and shots...

Believe it or not, these were four highly-sought after T.F. Riggs High School studs back in the mid-80's. Oh, how times have changed. Nobody ever said 40 is pretty. And, YES, that's a Hello Kitty necklace around Stew's neck!

1 comments:

Anonymous 10:36 PM  

I was blinded by the full moon and unable to fly since. The doctor says that I will recover soon.
Rocky "the Flying Squirrel"

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP