September 05, 2008

Good-bye, Anarchy... Hello, Change?

They say, "The worst thing in the world next to anarchy is government". And by "they", of course I mean Henry Ward Beecher - 19th Century American preacher/writer/speaker - an advocate of women's suffrage, temperance and Darwin's theory of evolution. A foe of slavery and bigotry of all kinds (religious, racial and social), Beecher held that Christianity should adapt itself to the changing culture of the times. Abraham Lincoln once said of Beecher that no one in history had "so productive a mind".

So why all this talk of anarchy? Well, unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know the anarchists -
calling themselves The RNC Welcoming Committee - were in St. Paul this week for the Republican National Convention (RNC). Anarchy is based on the belief that people are inherently good and can organize themselves without government or bureaucracies. Apparently the anarchists have never met Karl Rove. On the other hand, in the view of the RNC, the world is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions because of Godless liberals who earn less than $5 million per year. And by "biblical", I mean Old Testament real wrath of God type stuff... fire and brimstone coming down from the skies... rivers and seas boiling... forty years of darkness (well, four more years anyway)... earthquakes, volcanoes... the dead rising from the grave (to become our next president)... human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! That's right - dogs and cats living together! Needless to say, I've been hiding under the bed all week while Stew's been running around the house with a slingshot yelling "Bring it on, hippies!" You see, Stew thinks anarchists are the same as hippies, plus Momma won't allow a gun in the house. So Stew fashioned himself a slingshot out of a cedar tree branch and one of Momma's bras.

Well, it looks like the anarchists got it wrong this time because the times they are a changin'! That's right. Instead of nominating a rich old guy to be the next president, the RNC nominated a REALLY old, REALLY rich guy for president. And he's running as "the change candidate" because replacing the word "Bush" with "McCain" in "Bush Economic Policy" and "Bush Foreign Policy" is somehow the equivalent of change. Who knew?

Anyway, I'm no politico... so I'll leave it to the experts. Here are some more fabulous clips from Jon Stewart to educate you in the event you don't watch cable news 24 hours a day like I do. I'm told Aunt Dee-Rosemount and Aunt Julie attended last night's taping of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and I just want to say to them - Hey, I'm sorry I missed your phone call inviting me to tag along... I must've had my ringer set to "off" or something.







And finally... here's yet more evidence of why Evangelicals should not be allowed to vote. I blame them for giving us eight years of Bush because Dubya said the seven words Evangelicals love to hear most out of their candidate - God told me to run for President. This is a clip of Pastor John Hagee, John McCain's spiritual advisor (or whatever). If ignorance is bliss, then they are the happiest people on earth (but it's so hard to tell because they always seem so angry). I wonder how this fella feels about stay-at-home dogs?


3 comments:

Anonymous 9:32 PM  

I'm confused, if hell is Stew's future home, why is Linda so stressed about finding a house? Is hell less than 40 minutes from Rosemount? I think I've made it clear that I won't drive much further than that to visit.

Dee and Remmy

Anonymous 8:40 PM  

Good stuff Stew! Glad to see your not drinking the Palin kool-aid.

Bruns

Anonymous 7:43 PM  

Wow. It's a good thing you are moving to a mcMansion in the Chaska. Now you too can practice cognitive dissonance and vote republican. It's not like you have any choice. You have to become republican. It's in your lease.

And don't worry about your vote counting. Diebold will take care of that for you.

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP