October 06, 2008

Lowered expectations

Sorry for not posting pictures of Claire on Friday as promised. But after watching the VP debate Thursday night, I was still in shock on Friday. Can you believe there are people out there who think Governor Palin actually won that debate? In fact, a Fox News viewer text poll (where viewers text their vote into the network... sort of like how they vote on American Idol) showed 86% of viewers said Palin won. I'm curious by what standard these people measured her performance... but more on that at my other blog - HERE!

In the meantime, speaking of lipstick on a pig... with all the talk lately about swine and cosmetics, Claire was asking me the other day what this phrase means. You see, Claire knows what a pig is. She knows what sound it makes. But she's confused as to why a pig would be wearing lipstick. Not sure what to say, I told Claire that sometimes people put lipstick on a pig to make the pig more desirable to pig-haters. Then Claire asked, "So why does Momma sometimes where lipstick to work?" Can you say, "awkward?" Anyway, I then had to explain that there's a handsome intern named Luke Skywalker with a long, shiny light-saber who works at Momma's company (aka The Death Star), and Momma likes to look pretty for him. With a confused look on her face, Claire then asked, "Well, what about Papa... doesn't Momma want to look pretty for him?" And that's when I had to teach Claire a hard lesson about lowered expectations and crushed dreams, warning her that "...statistics show that you will likely end up with a husband who is just like your Papa." Apparently, this scared the daylights out of Claire, and she ran off. Concerned for her well being, I tracked Claire's scent which lead me to the bathroom. I found Claire sitting on the toilet, where she was smearing lipstick all over her face and sobbing uncontrollably. And I'll never forget what she told me, "I have to look prettier... I don't want to end up with a chubby hubby with bad skin and crooked teeth who smells funny!" Needless to say, I'm afraid Claire might be scarred for life...

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP