December 31, 2008

See ya next year...

Tomorrow morning we're heading north to spend a few days with eight other humans and four dogs at Ten Mile Lake Resort. We rent their Saddleback Lodge that sleeps somewhere between 10 - 235 people. I assume I won't be barking at you for a few days, so have a fabulous New Year's Eve day. As for me, I plan a repeat performance of last year by spending the next four days napping beside Momma and Claire while Stew attempts to break his own record for how quickly he can annoy the other humans with his storytelling. You see, a Stewart is incapable of telling a story without wandering off on eight or nine tangents (thereby never actually completing the original story). Most of Stew's stories start out with "Did I ever tell you about the time in high school when I..." So, the stories are usually entirely made-up and always end one of two ways: 1) with Stew running from the cops, or 2) with Stew winning the "big game" by sinking a free throw with no time left on the clock. But one thing I've noticed about Stew's stories over the years is that he never gets the girl in the end... so perhaps they aren't entirely made-up after all?

Anyway, if you plan to celebrate tonight, then don't do anything Stew would do... otherwise, you'll either end up in jail or incredibly embarrassed. Probably both. But if you get the chance to knead the dough, then by all means go for it! That's for you, SmitHead.

I leave you with a picture from last year when Claire did her best Nick Nolte mugshot impersonation... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP