January 05, 2009

Yes We Can!

I don't know if any of my faithful readers went out and adopted a pet over the holidays, but the good news is that the Iams Home 4 the Holidays pet adoption campaign was a success. In fact, rumor has it Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin and her family adopted this trio of southern redneck hounds. According to my sources, the governor stated, "Those dogs there are real dogs from 'Real America' that don't bark one way there in San Francisco and then also bark another way in 'Real America'... they bark stupid all the time, so that's why I like 'em then." Anyway, upon return from the Ten Mile Lake Resort and its 26 feet of snow on the ground this weekend, I was greeted by the following email in my inbox from my new pal, Victoria (the marketing guru who contacted me about my blog):

Dear Bogart--

Thank you SO MUCH for that fantastic post! I love it! You know so many fantastic adopted and rescued dogs, and they are all so precious. Thanks for sharing their stories! I also have some great news about Home 4 the Holidays--in week 13 of Home 4 the Holidays we saw 122,222 pets adopted into forever homes!

With one week to go before our deadline for this holiday season, we are very excited to announce that we've crossed our goal line!

ONE MILLION EIGHTY-EIGHT THOUSAND, FIVE HUNDRED AND SIX PETS HAVE FOUND FOREVER HOMES SINCE WE STARTED THIS EVENT ON OCTOBER FIRST, 2008!

So thank you for your support and working with me on this great project!! I'll be sure to keep you in mind for any future projects that I think you might enjoy!


So, give yourselves a collective pat on the back. And if you didn't adopt a pet over the holidays, perhaps you'll consider doing so in 2009. Everyone should have a dog... unless, of course, the person plans to place said dog inside a Louis Vuitton handbag, in which case the person should be "put down". The next cause I plan to support -- er, make that START -- is a campaign to have Sherri Shepherd (pictured at left) removed from The View. I swear she's dumber than a box of, well, practically anything (except maybe an entire box of little Sherri Shepherds). And after perusing the YouTube this morning, I see my pal Keith Olbermann feels the same way...


0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP