February 11, 2009

Potpourri

Okay, since I haven't been blogging lately, there's a lot to get y'all caught up on. Stew tells me "potpourri" means a miscellaneous collection of stuff, so I'm going to go out on a limb and - against my better judgment - trust his and name this post "Potpourri". I've always thought of potpourri as a mixture of dried, naturally fragrant plant material used to provide a gentle natural scent in a house... as well as something Stew often mistakes for a fancy version of Chex Party Mix. You should see Stew at Grandpa and Grandma Thullner's house at Thanksgiving. Grandma always has bowls of Chex Mix strategically placed throughout the house... as well as bowls of potpourri here and there. One time he came out of the bathroom with a sick look on his face and told Grandma, "I think the Chex Mix in there has gone bad."

So, first off
, let me clear up some confusion related to our new TV. The fact is we are NOT getting one, even though I inferred the contrary in a previous post. You see, Ellen Degeneres is always giving away free 32" Vizio televisions via her morning talk show. So one day I sent Ellen an email in an attempt to make the case as to why we need a new TV. But nothing happened. So until Ellen Degeneres sends us a new TV, we have no plans of actually purchasing one.

Secondly, we lasted about 2.25 months before Stew renewed our cable TV subscription. So we said "good-bye" to bad network television shows like House and The Mentalist (that's right, Peter Karl... I said The Mentalist). And now we watch stupid people on reality shows like the Bravo Network's
Real Housewives of Orange County... a show about a bunch of multi-millionaire housewives that spend money like Stew drinks beer (quickly and in large quantities) while simultaneously being ignorant to the fact they're raising their kids to be vile, disgusting turds with a profound sense of entitlement (basically miniature versions of the wives themselves). And then there's MTV's My Super Sweet Sixteen, which is a show about extravagant Sweet 16 birthday parties that some rich folk throw for their kid(s). I usually can't get through an entire episode because the birthday boys/girls on the show are the most repugnant people on the face of the earth. I guess this is what the Republicans mean by "GOP family values". I don't know what these families are going to do when their Bush tax cuts are either repealed or allowed to expire. I'm not sure they'll make it.

The rest of this post will be clips from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart... he's had some brilliant segments on lately. I'll start with a clip involving Fox News' very own Bill O'Reilly. If it weren't for Sean Hannity, I firmly believe O'Reilly would hold the title of "Biggest Douchebag on TV"... but 2nd Place isn't all that bad, Billo.



















This next clip highlights the hypocrisy of the so-called fiscal conservatives in the U.S. Senate, who are freaked out by the Economic Stimulus Bill. Remember, these are the same clowns who allowed and even supported G.W. Bush in his endeavor to ruin America by creating a $1 trillion deficit. Plus, the clip includes some coverage of South Dakota Senator John Thune, who Stew claims to know from his days working for SD state government AND playing city league basketball in Pierre. According to Stew, Thune would kick Obama's ass in a game of one-on-one basketball. But I don't think Thune would fare too well on Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? if the topic was 1st Grade Economics. Watch the clip and you'll see what I mean...

I wonder how high we could go if we stacked a couple million unemployed Americans on top of each other? I'm thinking the next time my Grandpa Bob takes his cattle to market that he should demand to be paid using the John Thune Method of Economics. Instead of getting a "per head" price for each steer (anywhere from $400-$600), Grandpa Bob would get a stack of $100 bills measuring from the ground to the tip of the steer's ears for each "cow" he brings to market.

Lastly, here's a clip that asks, "Why Are You Such a Dick?" Enjoy.

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP