August 06, 2009

Hippie Replacement

In case you missed it the other night, Stephen Colbert took a look at recent grassroots efforts to combat health care reform. This will likely upset any Teabaggers out there, which is exactly why I'm posting it. Enjoy!

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
The Word - Hippie Replacement
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTasers


And on a more serious note, here's an excellent explanation from MSNBC's Rachel Maddow of what's taking place in town hall meetings across the country . Yes, I realize MSNBC's opinion commentators are the left wing equivalent of the Fox News Channel douchebags, but the difference is MSNBC uses facts to support their opinions while Fox tends to rely mostly on fear, spin or outright lies (see also: daily GOP talking point memos). Plus, I watch MSNBC for political entertainment and not for news. I prefer to get my news from more reliable sources (Fox News viewers should try reading some foreign newspapers sometime... like that's ever gonna happen). The clip is 10 minutes long, so you working stiffs might want to watch it at home or on your smoke break.


One more thing... here's Jon Stewart's take on the recent release of two American journalists from North Korea. I especially enjoy the last minute of the segment. Here's a shocker - Fox News viewers probably won't like it.


The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
William Jefferson Airplane
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorSpinal Tap Performance

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP