September 29, 2009

Movember is coming...

Today I received an email from one of my favorite uncles in the whole wide world - Uncle Matthew. He lives in Fargo (but does NOT own a wood chipper), he's married to my beautiful Aunt Veronica, and he's endowed with about 24 inches of ferocious wiener. Of course, I'm referring to his two Dachshund, Theo and Tucker (the elder Theo is pictured here). Additionally, Matthew is a champion disc golfer, as well as an extraordinarily exceptional expert educator. And whenever he comes to visit, Claire loves following him around the house asking, "Matthew, where you going?" In a word, my Uncle Matt is AWESOME! That's why I wasn't surprised to learn he was taking up a cause to raise awareness about cancers that affect men. Specifically, he plans to grow a moustache this Movember. Trust me. Both his head and face are now shaved as opposed to what you see in the photo of him holding baby Claire. So, he's starting from a clean slate... literally! Following is more info about this great cause...

Dear Bogart,
I have decided to join a global movement that is bringing much needed attention to cancers that affect men. I'm doing this by growing a Moustache this Movemb
er, the month formerly known as November. The funds raised go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LIVESTRONG).

Peace & Gentleness,
Uncle Matthew

To make a donation, you can either:
* Click this link http://us.movember.com/mospace/8010/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account , or

* Write a check payable to Movember Foundation, referencing Registration Number 8010, and mailing it to: Movember Foundation, PO Box 2726, Venice, CA 90294-2726.

All donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation will use the money raised by Movember to fund research to find better treatments and a cure for prostate cancer.

The Lance Armstrong Foundation will use the money raised by Movember to fund:
* The LIVESTRONG Young Adult Alliance program which has the goal of improving survival rates and quality of life for young adults with cancer between the ages of 15 and 40.

* Research initiatives to further understand the biology of adolescent and young adult cancers.

For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used go to: http://us.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs/

Please help me by helping support my Uncle Matthew. And if you're so inclined, please tell him Bogey sent you!

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP