September 08, 2009

My new guilty pleasure

Just when you thought my favorite past time was making fun of teabaggers and other Fox News viewers, I'm throwing you a curveball. You see, I recently started watching truTV (Channel 51 locally). One of my favorite shows is Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel, which takes you behind the scenes of Rehab, the hottest party in Vegas, for an inside look at how security and staff indulge big-spending customers (aka "douchebags") but still keep the chaos under control. But what I like most about truTV are the shows that make me jump out of my doggie bed. Literally. I'm talking shows like World's Wildest Vacation Videos. Every Thursday night you'll see frightening and hilarious clips of marauding monkeys, massive mudslides, pugnacious polar bears and more. But don't just take my word for it. Check out this clip of a lawyer participating in a bungee jump gone awry.




C'mon... who doesn't enjoy seeing an attorney plummet to near death (sorry Uncle Franny)?
truTV programs are so amazing that you can't help but have a physical reaction when watching. I mean, seriously, I jumped to my paws after learning the guy in the video actually lived. But you should watch truTV with caution because when the stories are real, the effect is actual. Hey, maybe that's why the network's slogan is: truTV. Not Reality. Actuality. Anyway, one of my other favorite shows is The Smoking Gun Presents, a show about the world's dumbest criminals, drivers, fans, daredevils, competitions and partiers. If you've ever visited The Smoking Gun website, then you'll know this show has got to be hilarious. Plus, stars like Danny Bonaduce, Leif Garrett and Dustin "Screech" Diamond make hilarious commentary about what you're watching. It's awesome! Go see a ton of videos for yourself at truTV video.

Post?slot_id=45261&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

2 comments:

Anonymous 9:16 AM  

I know this was a comercial break, but I actually watch Rehab. Help me. Dee (Rosemount)

jack 4:57 AM  

recommended dog food
This is the first time I’ve read about this. I keep learning new things everyday!

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP