November 18, 2009

More mojo for Movember

I don't quote English proverbs very often, but I found one I like:
"A man without a moustache is like a cup of tea without sugar."

And since I consider myself to be a Buddhist, here's something my favorite Thai Buddhist, Ajahn Chah, once wrote:
"Looking for peace is like looking for a turtle with a moustache - you won't be able to find it. But when your heart is ready, peace will come looking for you."

Y'all might recall a little over a month
ago, I told you about my Uncle Matthew's plan to grow a moustache as part of a fund-raising program for the Movember Foundation. Recently, Mattie emailed me a picture of how far along he is with his moustache endeavor. For your viewing pleasure, I put his latest photo alongside a picture of what he looked like before he started growing his 'stache. As you can see, he has quite a baby face underneath that facial hair.


There's still time to contribute to this cause! Read more info below about how to donate and where your donation goes.

To make a donation, you can either:
* Click this link http://us.movember.com/mospace/8010/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account , or

* Write a check payable to Movember Foundation, referencing Registration Number 8010, and mailing it to: Movember Foundation, PO Box 2726, Venice, CA 90294-2726.

All donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation will use the money raised by Movember to fund research to find better treatments and a cure for prostate cancer.

The Lance Armstrong Foundation will use the money raised by Movember to fund:
* The LIVESTRONG Young Adult Alliance program which has the goal of improving survival rates and quality of life for young adults with cancer between the ages of 15 and 40.

* Research initiatives to further understand the biology of adolescent and young adult cancers.

For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used go to: http://us.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs/

Please help me by helping support my Uncle Matthew. And if you're so inclined, please tell him Bogey sent you!

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP