March 19, 2010

I've got your algorithm right here!

Somebody's gloating at our house, and she's only 38" tall. While Linda and I are following our annual tradition of sucking at NCAA basketball pools, Claire is doing quite well. To Linda's defense, she doesn't actually participate in any NCAA pool - I just use her name to allow me to have multiple entries in the pool I enter. So it would seem the little algorithms I created to pick winning teams are actually working in reverse. But who am I kidding? I can barely spell algorithm let alone know what an algorithm actually is. Claire, on the other hand, appears to be some sort of Jedi Master when it comes to picking winning teams. So far, she's only missed a couple games, plus she's picked several upsets including Cornell and Murray State. She asked if she could pose for a photo showing her holding her bracket sheet. We've started calling her The Professor because she continues to amaze us with her smarts, and I think I know where she gets them. You know how I hate to make this blog about me, but I have to tell a "me" story. Back in '86, my high school basketball coach was being interviewed on KCCR's Coaches Corner (the Saturday morning coaches' radio show from my hometown) and was asked about yours truly. Coach Judson said that I was "a smart player" who had "a nose for the ball". However, it should be noted the entire text of his comment was, "Brett's not very fast, and he doesn't have a lot of talent, but he's a smart player and really has a nose for the ball." Thanks, Coach!  I think...

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP