March 04, 2010

Pepe Le Pew and Fargo, too

Claire and I transported Linda to the airport this morning to catch a flight, and she won't be returning until Thursday the 11th.  She's jetting off to Paris. The French one. The one sometimes referred to as Gay Paree. She and her pal, Bev, are going to participate in the Semi-Marathon de Paris (the Paris Half-Marathon) because they apparently couldn't find any good half-marathons to run in the western hemisphere. Plus, I'm told Paris offers a wealth of interesting sight-seeing opportunities, if you're into that sort of thing. Linda enjoys museums, art galleries and "grown-up" crap like that, so she should enjoy Paris. As for me, whenever I travel I prefer to sniff out a cool jazz club, like Denver's El Chapultepec. Or a cozy little blues bar like Lincoln, Nebraska's legendary Zoo Bar. But when I can't find an open bar stool at a dirty dive bar, I like to go to Fargo!

So Claire, Bogey and I are heading to Fargo after preschool tomorrow. We plan to hang out with some of the coolest people in the whole entire world. And while Fargo is home to some pretty seedy bars that I've enjoyed WAY too much in the past - such as The Bismarck and The Empire - the plan is to just chill with friends and relax. On Saturday, Claire and I are even going to the Clara Barton Elementary School Carnival. When Linda heard about our plans, she got really jealous. We just hope she has as much fun in Paris as we're going to have in Fargo.

Here are a couple pics of Claire posing in her beret. The first one is her impersonation of a Frenchman giving a boorish American tourist "the look". Have a nice weekend... and Au revoir!

1 comments:

Anonymous 2:38 PM  

Nice beret!!
Aunt Karen

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP