Claire, Bogey and I had a fabulous time in luxurious Fargo this past weekend. Some of our favorite things about going to Fargo include (in no specific order):
1) Sunday morning breakfast at the Cajun Cafe,
2) MOJO 104.7 FM playing hits of the 70's and 80's in the background while we dine on Russell's (in)famous veggie lasagna,
3) Late night girl talk sessions whenever I'm able to stay up long enough to hang with Veronica, Susan and Michelle (or any combination of the three) to discuss marriage, work, life and boys...
4) Drinking Brandy Alexanders at Hotel Donaldson. Or an afternoon of schooners filled with ice-cold beer at Jim Lauerman's Pub before heading to The Bismarck to shoot some pool, eventually ending up in a booth at The Empire Tavern which almost always leads to finding yourself in the kitchen of Hippie Dale's apartment at 3AM while you wonder, "How did I get here?" and - more importantly - "How do I escape?"
5) Matthew, Veronica, Susan, Kermit, Peter, Michelle, Naiya, Adele, Russell, Theo, Tucker, Ole and Berkley - our best friends in the entire world. Here's a photo from our New Year's weekend. You can almost smell the body odor seeping up from the front row of this picture (and I'm not referring to the dogs). Don't worry - it's not a scratch-n-sniff photo, so you can stop pawing at your PC monitor.
Linda placed 19,905th out of more than 27,000 runners and finished in a time of 2:17:08. I believe the remainder of her Paris vacation will be spent shopping, eating, drinking and sight-seeing. As for Claire and I, we'll be spending the remainder of our week attempting to set our personal best record for number of frozen pizzas eaten in a four day span. Speaking of which, does anyone know of a frozen pizza that's actually good? I think we've tried them all, and I'm not impressed with any of them... but I suppose we'll keep looking.