April 05, 2010

Chocolate-induced coma

It's taking every ounce of my being to type this post today. All I want to do is crawl back to the couch and lie down for another several hours. Last night, Claire and Linda arrived home with Tupperware containers full of cookies and a variety of chocolate bunnies (chocolate jackalope pictured at right) after spending Easter break at Grandma and Grandpa Thullner's farm. I assume the cookies and candy are for Claire, but what sort of parent would I be if I didn't sample the goods for safety reasons... you know, like at Halloween? You never know what might have been sneaked into the treats between the farm and home. Lucky for me, Linda took the day "off" so I'm not left alone to chase a sugar-crazed Claire around the house by myself. And if a toddler whacked-out on chocolate isn't enough, Bogey managed to find the taco meat from the back of the refrigerator after Linda had dumped it into the garbage... then left the garbage can out at dog-level while she took a phone call. Needless to say, it could be an interesting evening around here...

In the meantime, here are some pics from the weekend for your viewing enjoyment. Please note Linda's Crackberry camera-phone seems to manage to take photos just as blurry as my Kodak Piece-O-Garbage digital camera. Oh well...

Easter morning...

Time to make the cookies...

Practicing for this summer's Annual Karl Invitational Croquet Tournament...

Toss me the keys, I want to see what this baby can do!

A little snooze after morning chores (nice hairdo, Grandpa!)...

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP