April 27, 2010

I want my MTV!

If you're like me, then you have a lot of hidden issues you don't want anyone to know about. Don't ask because I'll never tell! You're also extra excited for tonight's season premiere of The Hills on MTV. I mean who can't get enough of the purely scripted, poorly acted, fake, reality television gold like THIS deleted scene from last season? Rich girls with boy trouble makes for such riveting television, don't you think? But bad cable TV is like crack to me. No, make that chocolate since I passed on the one opportunity I had in my life to actually try crack. Although I'm sure it's as lovely and addictive as they say, but I digress. People like me who watch The Hills fall somewhere between Booger-eating Moron and Glenn Beck Fan on the Universal Idiot Scale. And those of us who remember watching The Buggles perform "Video Killed the Radio Star" on MTV in 1981 - back when MTV actually had something to do with music - are disgusted by how far (and low) MTV has come (fallen) over the years. But try watching just one episode of a My Super Sweet 16 marathon and then get up and walk away. I say it can't be done. Sometimes I feel bad for wishing the characters would all meet a horrible fate, but that feeling goes away immediately while watching the parents take their soon-to-be 16 year old shopping for a birthday gift (usually an $80K sports car). Don't believe me? Try watching THIS devil child, although I'm not sure who's worse - her or her dimwit mother. Scratch that. It's the mom because she created this god-awful, entitled, little monster. And I can't believe Obama wants to raise taxes on these wonderful wealth producers who offer so much to our society.

Anyway, I was going to have Claire pose for some pics of her holding the artwork she created at her Auntie Karen's house Saturday night, but she crashed on the couch after a nourishing lunch of chicken nuggets shaped like Mickey Mouse ears, Papa's famous pea salad, and a fruit bar. I think I'll let her sleep while I continue to hate myself for watching so much MTV.

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP