November 14, 2006

I need more love... EVERYDAY of my life!

On November 16th last year, I joined Linda and Stew to form our family. In honor of my 1-year anniversary and as a tribute to my entire extended family (including friends I consider aunts, uncles and cousins), following is a link to one of my favorite bands - Robert Randolph & The Family Band - performing I Need More Love on Austin City Limits: http://media.pbs.org/ramgen/austin/3002_KLRU_36.rm


Speaking of my favorite bands, not many folks know that Stew was actually a well-established musical performer on the South Dakota (and Northern Iowa) college music scene. His one-man band called, Stewpendous, was a favorite of college kids in the late-1980's and early-1990's. I dug up an old photo of a Stewpendous promotional photo for a performance at the Northern Iowa College of Animal Husbandry (to a sold out crowd no less). The 1990 concert was to promote the first and only Stewpendous album - The United States of (dis)Array. Unfortunately, shortly after the performance, Stewpendous disbanded due to creative differences between Stew and one of the many voices he heard in his head. While Stew was dedicated to songs about grass roots efforts to improve the American heartland, the stronger personality in his head - who went by the moniker, StewDiggity - wanted to jump on the white rapper bandwagon being driven at the time by the multi-talented Vanilla Ice. One ill-fated night while performing in Cornbread, Iowa, StewDiggity was booed off stage during a performance of his distasteful rap, "Farm Girl Hoedown". The band never recovered, and all we have left of Stewpendous is this photo.

1 comments:

Anonymous 1:21 PM  

This is blasphemy! Did you not think one of your readers would recognize "Spewpendous" as the articulate, talented, fearless, sensitive, down-right-dreamy, Billy Bragg? That said, the resemblance is shocking. And Stew is sensitive and dreamy as well. And Billy would highly encourage the kind of political ranting the Stewpup engaged in last week. Is it possible your mom had twins and decided to raise one as a good-natured, guitar-playing English bloke?

Susan

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP