April 24, 2007

A little R & R

It's a great week because Momma is home all week before she starts her new job! So, we've been doing more family activities lately, which means there likely won't be as many blog entries this week (stop your whining, Myrold... even a guard dog needs a little R & R from time to time). The good news is that Stew assures me his sources tell him the cleaning equipment terror network's Operation Spring Cleaning assault will not occur this week. Even so, I remain on guard, plus I know where the Kenmore Progressive vacuum is currently hiding out. If I find it has relocated, then I'll go on full alert and into combat mode.

In the meantime, allow me to tell you about some new friends I made last week. A couple of gals came for a visit over the weekend -- Aunt's Kathi and Julie. I was warned ahead of time to be on my best behavior as neither lady is a huge fan of dogs. Therefore, I did my best not to be a douche. I don't know what a douche is, but Momma is rumored to use this word all the time to describe Stew... and the Urban Dictionary shows a picture of this guy (my paw is pointing to the right) then gives the word the following meanings: 1) An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of credibility, behaving ridiculously in front of others with no sense of how moronic he appears. 2) Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and a__hole. 3) Anyone who competed against Stew in the contract furniture sales industry. I'm told I was a "good dog", so I assume I won over the ladies with my charm.

Anyway, while Kathi and Julie were here, we all went to Lake Minnetonka to go swimming. Momma and her buddies go way back, so they still often dress alike. Here's a picture of the three girls at the beach this weekend showing off their fancy new red swimsuits. Momma and Kathi each snatched a lifeguard rescue can before Stew snapped this shot of the girls standing in front of the lifeguard's jeep. They were going for some sort of "Baywatch look", but I think they missed the mark. Unfortunately, Stew also had a new swimsuit to show off (not to mention some new brown shoes and socks)... but none of us who know him would agree to pose with him. Luckily, Stew found a couple drunk college girls who agreed to pose for $20 each and a promise from Stew that he would stop staring at them and blowing them kisses. Come to think of it, Stew still owes me $40...

Well, I'm being told that we're going for a w-a-l-k, so that's my cue to start running around the house whining constantly for the next 15 minutes until we actually leave the house. Meanwhile, here's a clip from the Late Night with David Letterman show. I believe Dave provided this Top 10 clip for the April 21st White House Correspondents' Association dinner. Thanks to Uncle Franny for sending me the clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vtfmQ5Audg

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP