November 28, 2007

Blame it on the tryptophan

You'll need to forgive me. Well, actually, you don't NEED to do anything, but I'm confident you'll feel better about yourself if you were to go ahead and give me a break for not blogging until now. You see, I woke up from a Turducken-induced coma just a few short hours ago. That's right. Grandma Helen served a Turducken for our Thanksgiving meal (and again for Day-After-Thanksgiving lunch, afternoon snacks... then dinner again). It was absolutely huge, not to mention delicious. Although, I prefer a kittykongutter (a kitten stuffed with a kong, which itself is stuffed with smooth, creamy peanut butter goodness). After more than three days on Grandpa & Grandma's farm in South Dakota, I have a strong desire to post a lengthy diatribe on the evils of feral cats. Good gravy, there had to be THOUSANDS of them on the farm (probably more like 10, but it seemed like they were everywhere... and they were always all up in my business). Instead of focusing on wild cats, I've prepared yet another nice little 8-1/2 minute video montage highlighting our recent venture westward. That's right, I said "8-1/2 minute video." My file was so large I had to use my YouTube account to upload it (that's what she said). So, grab a danish and a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy. But first, I want to post a couple pictures of me atop a hay bale. One is from 2005 (the picture where I'm a puppy), and the other is from this past weekend. What you can't tell from the photos is that I'm shaking uncontrollably in both shots. Momma eventually climbed up on the hay bale next to me to calm me down. Stew's incessant yelling of "Bogart, hold still!" wasn't quite doing the trick. Anyway, on to the video. Please note Stew was responsible for most of the video footage. Therefore, I cannot be held responsible for the close-up shots of pig nuts or cow pies.


Note: The background song for the 2nd video is Grandma's for the Weekend from the Johnny Clueless album, Kissed In Kansas. Johnny Clueless is another of my favorite Minneapolis bands, so buy the album now by clicking on the album cover below...

4 comments:

Anonymous 2:16 PM  

Well done Stewie! Thoroughly entertaining from start to finish - with some scary cow pie action in between.

Susan

Mike Rios 3:01 PM  

Thanks for the pig nuts and cow pies. But I would have rather seen the handcrafted rugs. Mike Rios

Anonymous 7:40 AM  

Bogey:
It brought a smile to my face to see you bounding through the grasses and Claire getting down with her bad self. Glad you had a nice weekend!
Fla. Aunt Dee

Anonymous 2:31 PM  

If you can get me a kittykongutter for Christmas, I will paint your house. This is clearly the most ingenious idea of all time. Lily.

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP