December 03, 2007

The ABC's of Selling

In case you missed it, I received a comment from my gal pal, Lily the Beagle, after my posting about Grandma Helen's hand-crafted rugs.

Lily the Beagle said...
I hate to disagree with my pal Bogey, but I personally found Julie's heartland rug to be delicious. Particularly the fringe. I know Julie is hoping to purchase a new orange rug now that I have outgrown my puppy chewing phase.

Lily

Apparently, Lily has never received sales training from Stew. When Stew was selling high quality furniture at a modest price, you'd never hear him telling a customer "this is an excellent chair as long as you don't sit in it." Even if he knew the chair was crap, his job was to make sure his customer didn't buy someone else's crap. The first rule of sales, which is universally accepted by all sales trainers, is: Always Be Closing (ABC). You need to hear "No... now leave before I call security" three times before even considering walking away from a sale. The second rule, which is universally accepted by all the different personalities inside Stew's head, is: Embellishing the truth is acceptable in order to win a sale. So, when I said the words "I give you my personal assurance the rugs are dog-chew-proof", I did not technically specify from which dog breeds the rugs are safe from being devoured. Furthermore, please note I specifically refrained from using the word "puppy" or "puppy-proof". The rugs in our house our safe (now that I'm not a puppy, that is); therefore, I feel perfectly comfortable and justified in calling these wonderful hand-crafted rugs "dog-chew-proof". Now go HERE and buy some rugs!

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP