August 06, 2008

Drill this!

UPDATE: I added some more research, compliments of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
---------------------------------------------
I just finished checking the pressure of all the tires on our family vehicles, including Claire's Jeep brand stroller.
Plus, I think Momma has a 50,000 mile tune-up scheduled for her Nazi-wagen Passat, so I think we're all set. But, I've been meaning to blog about Obama's crazy idea about oil conservation... you know, the one where he says keeping your car tires inflated and engine properly maintained will increase fuel efficiency, thereby helping to lower gas consumption. I mean, where does he get this load of crap and why does he think anyone would actually take personal responsibility to help conserve energy? Someone needs to remind Obama about Jimmy Carter and his cardigan sweater (Google it, folks!). Besides, any educated person - as well as Right Wing lunatics like Newt Gingrich - can tell you that the only way forward is to drill here and drill now! I actually support drilling (such as on the 68 million acres already permitted to the oil companies), and that's why I plan to start drilling in our backyard. The feds seems to enjoy handing out billions of dollars in tax credits and other incentives to anyone willing to drill, so I'm on-board with this plan. Plus, there's a good chance I might find that steak bone I buried out there last spring that has gone missing... probably stolen by a squirrel.

Anyway, I did some research and found more information about Obama's insane (not to be confused with "McCain") automotive maintenance tips. Leave it to Stephen Colbert to set the record straight.






0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP