May 01, 2009

Th-th-th-that's all, folks!

Around here, I take what Vice President Joe Biden says very seriously. Especially when he once said, "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." Therefore, I take Joe at his word when he says to stay out of Mexico, airplanes, cars and closed containers. But I'm taking it a step further and am blogging to you from the pantry closet in our basement. I have a lit candle next to me, and a battery hooked up to the PC with just enough power to generate this post. Once I'm done writing, both the PC and I go into snooze mode until the coast is clear. Stew, on the other hand, is building some sort of bunker at the other end of the basement. Yes, he's been watching Fox News' Glenn Beck again.

Speaking of swine, I hear Mr. Beck is going to have a live audience tonight on his show to discuss what "real Americans" think about the media's coverage of the recent tea-bagging parties. It seems Fox News is a bit upset by how the liberal media portrayed the teabaggers. Of course, according to the Fox News Dictionary, "liberal media" is defined as "Any form of media that is not Fox News or some other blatantly conservative source". So let me get this straight. "Real" Americans are now the people who would actually stand in line to see a Glenn Beck show? I'm confused. When did "real" become synonymous with "crazy"? And are these the same "real" American's Sarah Palin so eloquently talked about during the presidential campaign: "The people in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hardworking, very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." As opposed to the seedy underbelly of America that's populated by people with liberal notions, big-city ways and, no doubt, dark skin. Oops... I think I got a little off track, but I look forward to learning how many people of color are actually in the Beck audience tonight.

Anyway... regarding the swine flu pandemic, Claire says
, "Bring it on, Pig!" She's not going to let a little virus keep her from enjoying stroller rides to "see the pond" or trips to the park to "see kids play" and to "slide". But we're taking some precautions...
And here are my Alaskan pals, "Wild" Max and daughter Charlotte. This photo was taken after Mt. Redoubt puffed a little ash, but the masks come in handy for swine flu, too...
And here's my Alaskan cousin, Sir Blue LeDoux, protecting his snout from Mt. Redoubt ash. Safety first, people!

NOTE: If you want some more liberal bias regarding the torture topic, then feel free to visit my other blog for my most recent posting. I couldn't resist barking my two cents on the subject...

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP