November 20, 2009

Home 4 the Holidays

It's that time of the year again. I can feel it. There's a chill in the air. Talk of a Black Friday runs rampant. The president is criticized for "dithering" after he declares he wants to explore all his options before actually pardoning the National Thanksgiving Turkey. And very soon you'll be questioning your very own sanity as you sit at a table asking yourself, "Why am I here?" It happens each year, and every year you make the same promise of "never again" to yourself. Before you know it, a year has passed, and you begin to feel it. There's a chill in the air. Talk of a Black Friday runs rampant. The president is criticized for continuing to explore options. And you find yourself seated right back at that same table - surrounded by those same people - while you sit (hopefully clutching a beer or glass of wine) asking yourself, "Why am I here?"

Lucky for me, I look forward to Thanksgiving because I'm off to SoDak. South Dakota - the only state in the union where the state bird is allowed to run a tab at any tavern. Anyway, we're going on our annual visit to the headquarters of Thullner Family Farms. There's a rumor of a freshly made batch of little piglets for Claire to see. I assume the feral cat army that previously infiltrated the barnyard is still in great numbers; therefore, I'll probably stay in the house the entire weekend. Seriously. Those cats are downright mean! Momma will probably take Claire to town to visit friends, while Stew stays back because Grandpa wants his computer fixed and somehow equates "a guy that sold high quality furniture at a modest price" to "computer technician". Then after Stew successfully executes the tricky Ctrl-Alt-Delete and click "restart" maneuver he learned from a PC tech ninja, Grandpa rewards Stew by taking him for a couple cold beers at The Watering Hole in luxurious downtown Herried, SoDak. South Dakota - the only state in the union that serves its state bird for Thanksgiving dinner.

IAMS HOME 4 THE HOLIDAYS


I'm once again working for one of the world's most successful pet adoption drives, Iams Home 4 the Holidays (IH4TH). This year's goal is to place at least 1.5 million shelter dogs, cats and other pets in loving and happy homes over the holiday season (until January 4, 2010).

Campaign organizers are working with animal bloggers from around the world to get the message out about pet adoption and the IH4TH.com
drive. Last year, the program’s goal of helping 1 million pets get adopted within three months was outdone when 1,202,701 pets were placed in homes — including Rumi, adopted by two-time Academy Award® winner and 2009 celebrity ambassador Hilary Swank. So, apparently, I've been passed over yet again as choice for celebrity ambassador... but watch for me in 2010!

As I think everyone knows, I am a Hurricane Katrina survivor. I, along with at least 10 other pups, was rescued
from the front porch of a house surrounded by water. Then, along with 17 other mutts, I was loaded on a trailer bound for Minnesota. Two or three of my comrades didn't make it, but I was lucky. Here's a picture of me posing at the dog shelter where Stew and Momma came to meet me. And, yes, I agree that I'm the cutest puppy you've ever seen.
With nearly 8 million homeless animals in the U.S. today, and almost half scheduled to be euthanized this year alone, your support is needed now more than ever. You can help by adopting a pet this holiday season at IH4TH.com and receive a complimentary adoption kit to help with your new family member. Can’t adopt? Join the “Feed Pets in Need” program and help bring much needed food to your favorite IH4TH shelter by simply casting a vote at IH4TH.com.

Whatever you do, don't vacillate! Take action now... otherwise, you might find Dick Cheney on your doorstep snarling at you for dithering. And you know Liz Cheney won't be far behind. Yikes!

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP