March 24, 2010

Yee Haw!

There's nothing I love more than a good rodeo. I have fond childhood memories of attending the 4th of July Rodeo at the Stanley County Fairgrounds in Fort Pierre (SoDak). And my love of rodeo has only grown, and I now have a new favorite rodeo event. The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo takes place at Houston’s Reliant Stadium every March. The rodeo events, also known as RODEOHOUSTON™, are sanctioned by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA)/ProRodeo and the Women’s Professional Rodeo Association, and all Houston Rodeo participants are members of the ProRodeo or the WPRA. The HoustonRodeo is ranked as the world’s largest rodeo with over a million spectators each year. No offense to Ringling Brothers, but - in my humble opinion - RODEOHOUSTON™ is the greatest show on earth. Unique to the Houston Rodeo, every day’s rodeo events are followed by a concert featuring some of the biggest names in country, rock, hip hop and latin music. When the rodeo events are completed a stage is moved to the center of the ring and rotates to provide all seats with a clear view of the artists. Previous year’s performers have included acts such as: George Strait, Miley Cyrus, Hanah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, Bon Jovi, Toby Keith, Maroon 5, Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson, Beyonce, Maze, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and ZZ Top.

Next year, I want to sit in the coveted Action Seats, which are along both sides of the rodeo ring and comprise the first seven rows of sections 103-110 and 123-130. Action Seat tickets include complimentary food and beverages, with alcohol available for purchase. I desperately want to see the Jonas Brothers bring down the house, which is why I'll be going to Houston Rodeo concert tickets  to buy tickets next year. The prices are very reasonable, and I cannot wait for next March. Although Linda's a little freaked out about seeing the clowns.

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP