April 30, 2010

A glutton for punishment

Linda's at it again. She's running another half marathon on Sunday - the Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon. I think this will be her third or fourth race at this distance, but I'm not sure. Frankly, I lose count after "two" whenever I'm trying to keep track of something. In 2007, she ran the Twin Cities Marathon, after which she vowed to never run another marathon ever again. She's also ran a slew of shorter races - convincing me to join her on a 10K in 2008 that nearly killed me. Perhaps that was her plan all along? Regardless, she's going to have to find a new way to get rid of me since I've proven a little 10K jog is no match for my power and stamina. Then again, sometimes when I'm in the basement working out, Claire will run upstairs to tell Linda, "Papa's having a seizure again!" But Linda knows that's just how I look when I exercise. Unfortunately, if I ever suffer a seizure of some sort, it will likely be the end of me because nobody will get me help. Luckily, exercising is a very rare occurrence for me... although I'm considering playing some pick-up basketball tomorrow morning at the Chaska Community Center while Claire and Linda attend Claire's swim class. Incidentally, I got out of taking Claire to swim class because I refuse to go shirtless in public, and I'm not about to be one of those guys that wears a t-shirt in the pool or the lake.  I'll run a half marathon before that ever happens.

Speaking of marathons, below are some past photos of nearly one-year old Claire posing with the sign she made to cheer on her Momma in 2007 (and Bogey wearing Linda's marathon medallion). And as you can see from the last photo, it was a great day to run a marathon - if there is such a thing - and we're hoping for good weather Sunday for Linda's half marathon.

1 comments:

Anonymous 11:32 PM  

Auntie can always take Claire swimming.

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP