April 18, 2007

Attack of the Jedi squirrels!

The squirrels are at it again. Taunting me. Throwing insults (and twigs) at me from high atop the big trees in the backyard. I even caught a snapshot of some Jedi squirrels practicing underneath the neighbor's tree. Luckily, their Jedi mind-tricks don't work on me... at least, I don't think so. Unfortunately, Stew was never a Star Wars nerd, so I have nobody I can go to for knowledge on the ways of the Jedi. Also, in addition to the Jedi squirrel knights, I found evidence of some commando squirrels. I asked Momma to prop up this captured soldier so I could document his image for his permanent file. He'll be up on charges of war crimes as soon as I can get a date for his tribunal. In the meantime, I've got him in lock-down inside the Weber grill. So, just when I'm getting ready to wage an attack on the Kenmore vacuum terror network, the squirrels are back. I haven't really had to deal with them much since last summer... when Stew got into it with them and nearly burned down our house (http://stay-at-home-dog.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html).

Anyway, thanks to Uncle StewCat, I've discovered a new secret weapon to use against the squirrels. I received this intelligence report from StewCat via encrypted email this morning.
http://www.killsometime.com/video/video.asp?ID=870
I'm okay sharing it with y'all because I'm fairly confident squirrels don't have access to the Internet unless they've somehow hacked into the cable line running from the alley into our house. Come to think of it, I best go check just to be sure. In the meantime, enjoy the clip.

And if the clip isn't funny enough for you, imagine Stew in our basement curled up in a fetal position and crying because there is mysterious water all over the basement floor. So, not only does he still have to fix the kitchen hot water faucet-handle-thing, but he also has to figure out where this water is coming from and how to stop it. Much to my dismay, I hear rumors a Bissell Wet-Dry Vac is lurking somewhere inside our house waiting for an occasion like this to join the insurgency...

0 comments:

DadTrends - Best of the Dad-O-Sphere
blogarama - the blog directory

Support my dawgs!

Here's where I put stuff I support...
The Animal Rescue Site

About This Blog

Commentary from a stay-at-home dad on daily happenings and misadventures while helping raise a wonderful little girl. The goal is to employ wit, sarcasm and/or humor to make the blog pseudo-entertaining. Then again, setting goals never really worked for me, but maybe you'll chuckle anyway.

OUR FAMILY - Provides a brief bio on each family member.

THE SAHD CLUB - A rip-off of the letter written by the kids from the 1980's blockbuster hit, The Breakfast Club.

THE DOG DISH - Here you'll find the occasional rant or story written from a dog's point of view.

COMEDY - Here you'll find stuff I think is funny, typically video clips, cartoons or jokes.

LINKS - Just what the name implies.

PAW-LITICS - More rants, typically directed at despicable politicians with whom I disagree.

VIDEO VAULT - Home videos of Claire set to some of our favorite songs.

BUY STUFF - My online store (that is if I ever actually create one).

Fellow travelers

Who's stalking me now?

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP